Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bone Axes, Atroxity, and The Refuge

Hello again, I knew you'd be back for more...

Finally got down to modeling the Bone Axe! It was a concept I made up while in school and promised myself I'd model it. Now the day has come. All created in ZBrush, and I'll be working on the displacement map and meshes to move it in to Maya to get some better lighting and maybe animate it! (talking Bone Axe with fire eyes?) That may take a while but here's the original concept art to start you off.
Here's the textured model.


And the texture map for you 3D enthusiasts.
How I could improve? Could have put a bit more geometry in the staff but I was already pushing over my poly goal. The staff needed more attention in general, but I wanted the skull to be the star of the show.

On to Atroxity! Lots of cool developments there, so check it out at www.atroxity.com! I'm a few pages ahead of you guys, so prepare yourself. Things are gonna get messy.

Meanwhile, a new VFX house, The Refuge, opened up here in Portland and I went to the open house party. I've been in Portland for a bit now, but it was quite a first to see how alive and vibrant the VFX industry is here by the amount of people I met working on lots of different things. The studio looks great, and I can't wait to see what these guys cook up.

After such a great time, I realize I should get out and socialize more, especially with parties like this going on. It's just so hard to peel myself away from working on cool things like Bone Axe and Atroxity. Let's see if there's any more cool parties going on soon.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment