Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Drones, Graphic Design, and Break Time

Hello again! I see you've found your way back for some more art-type stuff. Here's what's been happening.

Atroxity:

More Atroxity! Pages and pages have been coming while you've been away. Check it out at www.atroxity.com!

We will be taking a few weeks off to catch up and work on expanding our readership, which is hard when you're trying to create it at the same time. I need a full time person for this sort of stuff.





Sputnik and Laika:

The old girl and her canine side kick is back in production with a small but powerful team ready to kick it into gear. New storyboards have been made, which were needed since the old ones were horrifying. Goes to show how your skills and ideas can improve in a few years.

Take a look at the new drone concept, it's a bit menacing but more detailed than the last one.



Graphic Design:

Made a small flyer for an Architecture event going on in Portland. They wanted something "Slam"-ish with the idea of "10x10x10" and "green building design". So I came up with the concept of slamming into concrete, which went well, but how can I make it look good without hand rendering the whole thing?

Enter 3D design. With a few tricks and some rough geometry I made a clean looking image to be used in the flyer, and in barely a day. Check out the process.





























It was also my first year of being married to my lovely wife on May the 4th! If you can guess why else that day's so special, you're awesome.

That's it for now. I probably have a bunch of stuff more that I'm forgetting, but you'll have to come back next time to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment