Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sketch Models

Here's a few sketch models of robotic arms I quickly made in Maya.



The idea is for a little bumper animation I've been thinking up using. The idea is basically my "ili" logo being constructed by robot arms, like a car assembly line. These are just a few ideas for the design of the arm and I'll pick one and model it nicely. Which do you think is better?

Aside from that, I've made my first chunk of money tutoring in Maya. A student from a local college needed some extra help, and I have to say her professor is not doing a good job teaching an intro class to Maya. If only I could teach that class, everyone would rock at Maya by the end of the semester. But I cant say anything without an MFA or something that qualifies me, so tutoring will have to be the extent of my teachings.

I've been in an identity crisis for the past few months. I don't know if I want to focus on 3D Animation, Video Game Design, or Concept Art, because I've been modeling, learning programming and Unity3D, and practicing digital painting and I feel like I'm not improving fast enough in any of them.

On top of that, I can't put down my Stephen Hawking book. I've missed science so much while I was in Art School and all this information about our universe is blowing my mind every page.

Still unemployed though, that needs to change really soon. I've revised my resume and hitting the streets looking for work.

Until next time,

Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment