Sunday, January 27, 2013

Global Game Jam 2013 in Portland!

Hello Everyone

Sorry I've been neglecting my blog, but I PROMISE I will try to keep it up to date with everything I'm doing.

Sadly, I dont have time right now to give you the low down of my past few months, but I do have something awesome for you!


My First Game!!!!

So the Portland Indie Game Squad (PIGSquad) hosted the Portland location of the Global Game Jam and I was lucky enough to get in on it and make a game with some awesome people. But enough about me, lets talk about the game.

So, being a 48 hour game, its a little rough around the edges, but what you have to do is make designated pairs of kids at a high-school dance by matching their heart rates up. To do this, you must put your mouse on a kid, which will stop them, and click the desired rate of heartbeat. It gets tricky because the faster their heart rate, the faster their movement, and the room slowly fills with more kids. These kids can also pair on their own, which is bad if it takes one of the kids needed to make a pair, where you fail the pair and lose one out of your five lives. You can also interrupt an unwanted pair by quickly changing one of their heartbeats, keeping them from failing your desired pair.

You may need a plugin, but try it out at this link:
http://johanneshoff.com/promnight/

So the awesome people are as follows:

Pat Kemp: Lead Game Designer; Art Direction
Johannes Hoff: Lead Programmer
Lee Alailima-Rose: Art Lead
Anne Paris: Art
Jonathan Minnamon: Art
Jason Paris: Sound and Original Music

So what do you think?

Go to the Global Game Jam description here: http://globalgamejam.org/2013/mfeo-meant-each-other


Talk to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment