Monday, October 15, 2012

Super Computers, Aliens, and Audrey Hepburn

It's been too long, but I've finally built our computer! Complete with all the necessary software a growing digital artist and sustainable designer need to make cool stuff. Take a look.


Parts include:

Rosewill THOR Gaming Tower
ASROCK Z77 Extreme Intel Motherboard
Asus GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit  Graphics Card
Intel Core 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
2 x 8GB Ripjaws X Series Memory

And a bunch of other aftermarket parts from power to cooling and a flash SSD to keep a Windows 7 OS running fast.

To try out the new digs and make sure my drivers are working, I made a practice speedpaint of one of me and Nayan's favorite celebrity, Audrey Hepburn.

I also threw in a quick ZBrush sketch just to test out the program and make sure everything looks good. Maya's working too along with all the Autodesk programs.
Unfortunately... still unemployed, and this stuff wasn't cheap. Looks like I'm finding some part-time work. Maybe Best Buy's looking for someone.

Until next time,

Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment