Saturday, August 4, 2012

Iron Man and Lighting!

Oh hey, didn't see you there.

Just thought I'd paint every digital-artists favorite shiny subject. I just wanted an exercise to up my digital painting skills, and I think I did. Painting from reference was pretty easy and it was done in about 2 hours. Even though I'm not done with it, I'll share it with you since I'm about to go to sleep. Still gotta do some lighting and rendering passes to get to what I want, but I'll find time tomorrow.

Also, some more Maya practice today. I'll put up a render one day but it's all pretty boring looking. I was just experimenting with occlusions and lighting just to get a better understanding of rendering. Nothing to show for it yet but thought you'd like to know how I use my free time.

Anyways... ART!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment