Wednesday, July 11, 2012

3D Modeling and Architecture

Hey everyone. Its been a busy busy week, but now I've found some time to update you on whats going on.

Teaching high school students is tough, but it's definitely keeping me sharp. In two of my 3D Modeling classes I had a 15-minute demonstration showing the basics of modeling and rendering, and I managed to pull off a few renders below.

This is a crawler I made in 15 minutes demonstrating the use of Maya in creating machinery.
 This is a battle hammer I made in 15 minutes demonstrating how Maya can make video game assets.
The whole thing was pretty fun as I gave myself a time constraint and a model requested by students.

I also am working on a quick side project which blends with my architecture class. So far, just a few digital sketches inspired by the old gothic architecture on the Yale campus.



Still trying to find some time to work, and finding work after Yale. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment