Monday, March 5, 2012

Giant Robots and Little Girls

So, little girls and giant robots are really fun. I am also experimenting with a style that I have always envied from other artists, which is the Glen Keane style of characters that use no skeletal under-drawing but focuses on shape. This boggles my mind as I've always made my figures with skeletal underdrawings to make proportioned characters. Not to say I haven't had experience with it in animation, I just never got used to it. I'm getting better at it. But these are robot and little girl ideas for the "Transcendence" concept, where a little alien girl is the only hope for her kingdom under siege, oh yeah, and a giant machine possessed by a god. Sure wish I had a toy like that.





Here's two quick architectural renderings I'm doing to help out my girlfriend. Being an ex architecture student, I've learned that you can never escape architecture once you've put your foot in it. But hey, at least it keeps me sharp. The first is with your average perspective technique. The second I tried free-handing my perspective with strange results. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's still pretty cool though.



Bad news though. I had to quit one of my jobs yesterday. I can't keep up with my classes, my drive to make all this art, my less demanding job, and my sanity. So I had to sacrifice. I think they understood. Besides, I'm not going to be a professional server and I need to start making a career out of art. So lets get some commissions! It's supposedly the way artists make money on the side. Either that or I become a photoshop/maya tutor. Both sound a whole lot better on a resume then server.

No comments:

Post a Comment