Saturday, February 25, 2012

Jobs and Vehicles

I've been slacking on my work to be honest. I was preparing for the career fair yesterday. You know, organizing work, printing flatbooks, getting packages ready to go to employers. The job hunt never ends.

I've realized how many people show up to these things with almost nothing, pretty much polluting the lines to see these employers just to be sent away feeling shot down. Sorry people, but you cant hold out your hand and ask for a job without even a resume, let alone work, to show them. And no, your collection of stapled papers with doodles on them does not count either. Meanwhile I need to stand an hour in line while they all get weeded out just to speak to one person.

When I actually spoke to people, I got some good leads from all the prestigious companies there. The employers were really impressed with not just my work, but the speed I do it and the process I take to get there, not to mention my graphic design skills in making a matching set of business cards, resumes, flatbooks, and websites.

Speaking of designs, I quickly made these concepts for my next project, as I have to leave for my job in 15 minutes. Lets try and combine Mario Kart with Mass Effect...

No comments:

Post a Comment